Holiday driver for Control4
Programming automation tasks to take into account holidays can be hard for a programmer. In most cases programmers have to return yearly to ensure that holidays are correctly programmed in for that year.
Introducing the Chowmain Holiday Driver for Control4. This driver is built to assist with programming automation tasks that take into account holidays dates.
It updates itself daily from a webservice to ensure that it is accurate and upto date.
- Utilises a web service to ensure that the holidays are always upto date
- Support for holidays for the following countries
- Great Britain
- Northern Ireland
- Republic of Ireland
- United States
- Countries that have holiday specific regions have the ability to choose the region they are in
- The driver will create events and variables for every holiday for the region.
- The driver will fire events and also set the variable to true for bank holidays
- The driver provides a variable advising the current holiday
- The driver also includes observed holidays
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
- To ensure that commercial environments do not automatically turn on and off devices during bank holidays it is advised to utilise the IS-BANK-HOLIDAY variable when programming our macros
- Use the Holiday Started event to send an announcement up on the touchscreen to advise that it is a particular holiday. Use the TODAY-HOLIDAY-NAME variable for easy programming.
- Combine with Chowmain’s Advanced Announcements driver to announce the holiday name over the speakers dynamically using the TODAY-HOLIDAY-NAME variable.
- Automate RGB lighting in the home to change colours for holiday specific events like Christmas, Independence Day, Easter, St Patrick's day, etc.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 7 day trial.