APC Switched PDU
The Pakedge Intelligent Power Distribution Units (PDU) are a complete power control solution for A/V networks. It was designed with one function in mind – to keep your power managed devices operating when you want them to, and turned off when you want them to. This is accomplished through a suite of technologies and features that enable the PDU to be monitored, configured and operating autonomously through the local network, or remotely through the cloud
Chowmain's Pakedge Intelligent PDU Driver for Control4 allows dealers to control the P2 / P2E / P8 / P8E / P20 / P20E models from Control4 allowing you to switch on, off or toggle an outlet. It should also in theory support furture models should it adhere to the same protocol. This provides effective power management and control.
Integration into Control4 enables Control4 to do emergency shutdowns on low or high current or temperature. This ensures that the health of your customer’s expensive rack based equipment is maintained. It is also useful for power management. Reduce the power of your rack by turning on loads as you need them.
You may need to reboot a device that has locked up. Sending a technician onsite can be expensive. This driver will enable you to reboot a device remotely via 4sight. An even better solution would be to integrate it with the FREE Chowmain ‘Ping’ driver you can have Control4 automatically monitor devices and have the Pakedge driver automatically reboot the device.
This driver will only work on Control4 OS 2.6 and above.
- Dynamically import outlets
- Detects how many outlets are present on the unit
- Imports the names of each outlet into the driver’s connections
- Auto import device details into properties page
- Serial Number
- Hardware Version
- Software Version
- Mac Address
- Number of Outlets
- Current Sensor A
- Current Sensor B
- Auto poll for device power consumption (once every 30 seconds). Available in properties page and in Control4 variables.
- Current Sensor A (in amps/properties, in milliamps/variables)
- Current Sensor B (in amps/properties, in milliamps/variables)
- Outlet State Control & Feedback
- On / Off / Toggle for all outlets (Instant feedback on switch from Control4 or once every 30 seconds when triggered elsewhere)
- Events Triggered on
- Min/Max current reached on
What models will this work for?
This driver will work with the P2/P2E/P8/P8E/P20/P20E models of PDU's. The driver is designed in a way where it may work with future PDU's as well should they adhere to the current protocol. It is recommended that you test out the driver on newer PDU's that are not listed here prior to licence purchase.