The Chowmain Google Android driver is designed to primarily control Google Android Set Top Boxes. This allows you to utilise the Control4 SR-260 remote to navigate the Android operating system and control applications as you would with a normal infra red remote control.
It also allows application launching via the Apps driver (which lists all installed apps), via mini drivers for individual apps (for the most popular applications), via coloured buttons and also programmatically.
You can also use the ability to mimic onscreen navigator functionality via the Control4 android application. Note that the Control4 navigator application was not designed to be used via navigational buttons and as such mouse cursor keys will need to be used.
Note that this driver requires a 3rd party application called LANmote Deluxe be installed and configured on a rooted android device.
This driver will only work on Control4 OS 2.6 and above.
- IP Based communications
- Transport Controls
- Playback Control
- Audio End-Point assignment for volume up/down/mute funcitonality
- Video End-Point assignment
- Launch applications from coloured buttons
- Launch applications from navigator
- Application Mini drivers can be connected for quick launching.
- SMS stype text entry via numberpad
- Mouse navigation emulation via number pad