APC Switched PDU
APC’s Switched PDU’s allow you to control the power of devices in your customer’s rack. This is extremely useful for energy saving and remote troubleshooting.
Integration into Control4 enables Control4 to do emergency shutdowns on low or high voltage levels or if the total power consumption is exceeding or lower than expected. This ensures that the health of your customer’s expensive rack based equipment is maintained.
You may need to reboot a device that has locked up. Sending a technician onsite can be expensive. This driver will enable you to reboot a device remotely via 4sight. An even better solution would be to integrate it with the FREE Chowmain ‘Ping’ driver you can have Control4 automatically monitor devices and have the APC driver automatically reboot the device.
This driver will only work on Control4 OS 2.6 and above.
- Dynamically import outlets
- Detects how many outlets are present on the unit
- Imports the names of each outlet into the driver’s connections
- Auto import device details into properties page
- Unit Name
- Contact Details
- Up Time
- Model Number
- Present Outlets
- Switched Outlets
- Metered Outlets
- Max Current
- Auto poll for device power consumption (once every 30 seconds). Available in properties page and in Control4 variables.
- Total Current Power Consumption (in watts)
- Total Energy Consumption since birth (in kWh)
- Phase 1, 2 & 3 Voltage (in volts)
- Phase 1, 2 & 3 Current (in amps)
- Phase 1, 2 & 3 Power (in watts)
- Auto poll for outlet states
- On / Off / Toggle for all outlets (once every 30 seconds or when triggered by Control4)
What models will this work for?
This driver will work for the 8XXX range of APC PDU's. It will not work for the 7XXX range of PDU's. It may work for future models of PDU however we recommend that you utilise the trial built into the driver out prior to purchasing a licence.