Hebcal - Jewish Calendar driver for Control4
Many Jewish people who strictly observe Shabbat refrain from what turning electricity on or off during this period. They may also refrain from making adjustments to the intensity of electrical appliances.
The Chowmain Hebcal driver for Control4 imports data from Hebcal.com. This driver helps by automating detection of Jewish holidays and your standard Shabbat (observed from a few minutes before sunset on Friday evening until the appearance of three stars in the sky on Saturday night). By firing these events it assists with notification of Candle lighting (18 minutes before sundown) and Havdalah (after the appearance of three stars in the sky) along with the automation of electronic devices during this period.
- Automatic detection of the Control4 projects latitude, longitude and timezone information for automatic information gathering.
- Automatic daily update of information from Hebcal.com
- Automatic update of information from Hebcal.com when the system boots up.
- Variables for
- IS_HOLIDAY – Is there a holiday today (checks once at midnight every night)
- HOLIDAY_NAME – The title of the holiday today
- HOLIDAY_MEMO – The description of the holiday today
- IS_SHABBAT – Will fire when candle lighting starts and finish when Havdalah starts (including holidays not just Friday/Saturday).
- Events for
- Candle Lighting (property to execute event x minutes prior)
- Havdalah (property to execute event x minutes prior)
- Holiday Start – Fires at midnight of the day when there is a holiday
- Holiday Finish – Fires at midnight the day after the holiday finishes.
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
- Automate the electronics in the home so that no touch is required during special Jewish holidays and Shabbat.
- Combine with our Advanced Announcments driver for Control4 to announce what holiday it is through the speakers.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 7 day trial.