If This Then That Module
IFTTT (an abbreviation of "If This Then That") is a free web-based service that allows users to create chains of simple conditional statements, called "recipes", which are triggered based on changes to other web services and products.
IFTTT integration into URC allows URC to control any of the products or services integrated into IFTTT and have those products also control URC.
This expands the integration of URC to support numerous functions that it natively does not do. We have listed a few examples of what integration can bring to URC below and have also stepped through programming some of the ones we feel are useful to a lot of people. Note that this is a small list of things we liked. There are a lot of other things you can do currently (with lots more coming in future to IFTTT) so we suggest you check out the channels on the IFTTT website.
We are keen to hear about what cool things you have done with the driver. Let us know via twitter, email or forum post.
Outbound Examples (URC > IFTTT)
- URC can send SMS’s to your phone.
- URC can call your phone number and say a message (for security alarms, smoke alarms and other emergencies).
- URC can save data about the events in your home in google docs or dropbox.
- URC can save data about the events in your home to IFTTT’s daily or weekly email digest.
- URC can send push notifications (using pushalot, pushbullet or pushover)
- URC can send emails without a 3rd party driver.
- URC can send Skype messages
- URC can control your RainMachine irrigation system.
- URC can send notifications to your Android wear device (requires IFTTT app installed).
- URC can send notifications to your Apple Watch (requires pushover).
- URC can send your Tesla (EVE enabled) a message (with subject, message and message type fields) on your car’s dashboard
- URC can send your BMW (Connected Drive Compatible) a message on your car’s front screen display (120 characters limited)
- URC can turn on or off your GE Smart Appliance and more.
- Add an iOS reminder when the projector lamp is naer the end of its life
- URC can send a twitter message
- URC can save a track your listening to on spotify
INBOUND EXAMPLES (IFTTT > URC)
- URC can lower shades or close awnings based on the current weather conditions
- URC can be controlled from your Apple Watch (using Workflow)
- Assissant.ai can send commands to URC via voice recognition
- Turn on the outside light when your Dominoes pizza is about to be delivered.
- URC can pause your music and videos when you answer your phone (android only)
- URC can detect if a specific person has entered or left a room/zone using beacons.
- iOS Location and Android Location (via the IF app) can tell URC when you are approaching or leaving home.
- Send a warning to URC when something has been picked up or moved (needs wireless tag)
- Your BMW (Connected Drive Compatible) can tell URC when it is entering or exiting an area
- Your EVE enabled Tesla car can tell URC when it has arrived home, is leaving home or on the way home.
- Your Automatic, Zubie or Dash enabled car can tell Conrol4 when you have turned the car on or off within a certain area
- Your GE, LG and Samsung Smart appliances can tell URC when it has been turned on, off, if for example an oven timer is done, if there is a leak in the dishwasher, if the filter needs cleaning, if the dryer cycle has finished, if the fridge door has been left open for too long.
- Your Nest Protect smoke alarm can send URC smoke emergency, warning and carbon monoxide emergencies
- Your Netatmo Welcome can tell URC when a specific person, known person or even an unknown person has been seen or arrives home (facial recognition).
- Control URC via SMS or phone call to IFTTT.
- Your Android phone can tell URC when it has connected or disconnected to/from a specific Wifi network.
- Change the colours of your RGB LED’s to your teams colour using the ESPN channel when the game starts.