The OpenWeatherMap service provides free (60 calls per minute) weather data and forecast. OpenWeatherMap collects data from weather stations and forecasts of meteorological services and research laboratories, combining long-term and short-term forecasts with real-time data from weather stations, processing them and immediately updates current weather and forecasts.
The Chowmain OpenWeatherMap module brings all of this data into URC for use in the home automation system. This is useful for automating services within the home based upon the external environment. Note that this is not a replacement for a personal weather station. We recommend utilising a local weather station if you require accurate readings as this provides accurate real time local weather information.
- Device events for Temperature, Weather conditions, Pressure, Wind Speed and direction, Cloud cover and Rain
- Two Way commands to fetch the current conditions including Temperature, Humidity, Wind speed or direction, pressure, cloud cover and rain
- Two Way commands to fetch the forecast Temperature, Humidity, Wind speed or direction, pressure, cloud cover and rain for Today or in the upcoming days.
- Phone and Tablet interfaces showing the current conditions and the forecast.
- Device Events for On, Off and Standby modes (Standby mode is for the Insight only)
- Support for multiple copies allowing you to track weather if different locations.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this module out before buying it?
All Chowmain modules for URC come with a 7 day trial. This is activated once you add the module to the project. No additional steps are necessary.