The Videostorm IRUSB device allows us to control any Android set top box including the Nvidia Shield, Amazon Fire TV, Foxtel Now, Xiaomi MiBox and more.
The Chowmain IRUSB driver for Control4 provides IP control over the IRUSB with sms style text entry, direct app launching (via mini apps), transport controls and it also adds additional IR outputs to Control4 which can be used to control other devices in the local location such as TV’s and receivers.
Note that this driver requires a installation of the IRUSB dongle created by Video Storm. No root access required.
- IP control over the majority of Android based devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Nvidia Shield, Foxtel Now, Xiaomi Mi Box and more
- Automatic Room On upon audio detection.
- This makes integration of services like Chromecast for AndroidTV easy to use. Simply cast youtube, Netflix or other content to the built in Chromecast and Control4 will turn on the TV, receiver and any other device required.
- Automatic Room Off after x minutes of silence
- Adds an additional IR Output for control over local source (eg TV or receiver)
- SMS style text entry for SR-250 / SR-260 remote controls on number keys.
- Mini apps for direct launch on any navigator for many popular applications
- ABC iview
- HD Homerun
- Custom mini app for launching of other applications not listed
What hardware will this work on?
This driver will work for the following devices.
- Nvidia Shield
- Amazon FireTV
- Xiaomi MiBox
- Foxtel Now
It should also work with the majority of Android Boxes but we recommend you test it prior to driver purchase.
Note you will need to purchase and plug in the IRUSB dongle from Videostorm and install/configure the IRUSB application from Google Play store.
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
- Automatic Room on via Audio Detection assists with integration of AndroidTV boxes with Chromecast built in. The user just casts to the box and Control4 turns on the TV and selects the correct source. The SR-260 remote can then control the transport controls of the app including play, pause, stop, fast forward, rewind, skip previous and skip next.
- Add additional controlled AV zones to Control4 by simply adding an Android box. Control the TV using the IR emitter and control the Android box via IP.
- Devices such as the Nvidia Shield and Amazon Fire TV have problematic control. For example in 2017 Amazon broke ADB control in their 4K lineup of Fire TV’s. This hardware / software combo gets around these issues and ensures it won’t happen again.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 7 day trial.