Chowmain Kaleidescape Driver for Control4
UPDATE: Residential Systems did an excellent press review on our driver. Click here to read.
Kaleidescape presents the world's most authentic cinematic experience with the content you love. Whether on disc or as a digital download from the Kaleidescape Movie Store, Kaleidescape brings together all your movies in a visually stunning library making it beautifully simple to access and enjoy movies that truly matter to you.
A premium product deserves an excellent interface to match as such the Chowmain Kaleidescape driver for Control4 offers full movie and music library access on all Control4 user interfaces for any IP controlled Kaleidescape system along with an extensive list of automation features that make the integrated experience more rewarding.
This driver will only work on Control4 OS 2.8 and above.
- Ability to browse, search, playback and resume movies by All Movies, Actor, Director, Genre, Rating or Collection categories
- View movie information including synopsis, MPAA rating, genres, cast director and more
- View System information like amount of storage space used, available, current imports, downloads and more.
- Disc options show up under Movies and Music when a Bluray, DVD or CD is inserted. Playback, import or cancel importing of discs directly from Control4.
- Ability to browse, search, playback and queue music by Artist, Album, Genre, Mix Album and Collection categories.
- View artist information including genres and biography
- Ability to define non intuitive button mapping in properties.
- Automate cinema lighting based on movie playback state, movie position (main feature, credits, etc).
- Automate projection screen masking and projection modes using aspect ratio feedback, masking feedback and more.
- Automate playback of your favourite movie, album or song programatically.
- Automatic volume up, down and mute command linking to the official Kaleidescape app.
- Automatic Room On upon movie or music playback
- Automatic Room Off upon screensaver active
- Automatic Room Off or return to Onscreen Navigator on movie finished (optional)
- Programatic change the system to the highest level of parental control (safe level).
- Programatic change to and from Child Mode
- Programatic change of intermission
Why should i use Kaleidescape when there are cheaper solutions?
After living with a Kaleidescape system for a month i've come to appreciate that it just works. Compared to other media player solutions it is expensive however for those who do not have the time to mess around Kaleidescape is the solution for you. With 4K, Bluray and DVD based digital downloads, disc importing and playback solutions all in one its a solution that just works. For the dealer it is a solution where they can just install it and leave knowing that the solution is robust and requires little to no support.
Why should i use this driver over the official driver?
A premium product deserves an excellent interface to match. Since releasing our Kodi Full and Plex Full drivers for Control4 alot of dealers have been asking us to do something similar for Kaleidescape. The problem with the current driver is that it is extremely dated and most consumers expect the ability to browse their entire library from their Control4 interface and have the option for a more automated experience.
I like the official Kaleidescape app. Can i use that?
Yes you can. We have set the driver up so that in dedicated theaters you can just pick up your iPad and you can use the official kaleidescape application by itself without ever touching a Control4 user interface. Control4 will automatically turn on the projector, dim the lights, etc when a movie is selected and when a movie has finished it will automatically turn everything off and bring the lights up. Volume control (up, down, mute) is automatically mapped as well.
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
- Use your Control4 touchscreen, Onscreen, mobile or remote control user interfaces to browse movies and music directly from the Control4 user interface.
- Create the perfect cinema experience by dimming the lights down when a movie starts, ramp it back up when the movie ends or if the user pauses or stops the movie.
- Automate Cinema screen masking and projection modes based on aspect ratio and Cinemascape feedback.
- Set the driver up so it automatically turns off when the screensaver kicks in. Great if you forget that you've paused a movie or have fallen asleep whilst watching.
- Setup a button on your onwall keypad to start playback of you or your family’s favourite movie. Great for kids.
- Setup a button on your onwall keypad to change the system into Child mode. This will limit browsing of the Kaleidescape OSD to only movies you want your kids to view.
What hardware will this work on?
This driver will work on all IP controllable models of Kaleidescape. If it works with the official Kaleidescape iPad application it will work with our driver.
I am not a Kaleidescape dealer. Where can i get the product from?
We can assist you with signing up to become an official Kaleidescape dealer. Just click on the link below and fill out the form and a representative will contact you shortly.
Signup to become a Kaleidescape Dealer
Why do you only support OS 2.8 and above?
We utilise methods exposed only to the Control4 OS 2.8 Driverworks software development kit. It will not work with any lower versions of OS.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 7 day trial.