Pushover Notification Service
Push Notifications are short, simple messages that can be sent to internet connected devices where the request is generated by a central server. Most people are familiar with receiving text messages on their phones. Push Notifications are very similar in appearance and behaviour. Since the request is generated by a server a phone or other device receives the message instantly and does not need to constantly "check-in" which saves battery life and money on other technology like SMS services.
The Chowmain Pushover driver for Control4 integrates the Pushover real time notification service into the Control4 home automation system. This provides near instantaneous notifications to your iOS or Android based devices with information about your Control4 enabled home.
This driver does not require a 4sight subscription service
This driver will only work on Control4 OS 2.6 and above.
This driver can be used for several different scenarios. Some examples are as below but the limit is really your imagination.
- Warning the owner upon water or gas leak detection
- Notifying the owner upon door bell press (and send a photo if they have a camera)
- Notifying the owner upon security system alarm
- Notifying the owner when the garage door has been left open
- Reminding the owner of special events
- Advising the owner of the current temperature and power consumption/generation.
- Advise a owner when they have left the oven on
- Advising an owner of when a security system is armed or disarmed and by whom.
- Advising an owner on potential electrical faults when low or high consumption detected.
- Notify the owner when a battery is low on zigbee wireless devices.
- As a dealer notify yourself and/or selected techs when your client's system reboots.
- Ability to send a message with the following parameters.
- Message – This is the message to be sent out from Control4
- Device – your user's device name to send the message directly to that device, rather than all of the user's devices
- Title – your message's title, otherwise your app's name is used
- URL – a supplementary URL to show with your message
- URL IS LOCAL CAMERA - Used to upload the local camera snapshot to the cloud and return the Cloud URL to the notification.
- URL TITLE – a title for your supplementary URL, otherwise just the URL is shown
- 2 (Lowest Priority) : Messages will be considered lowest priority and will not generate any notification. On iOS, the application badge number will be increased.
- 1 (Low Priority) : Considered low priority and will not generate any sound or vibration, but will still generate a popup/scrolling notification depending on the client operating system. Messages delivered during a user's quiet hours are sent as though they had a priority of (-1)
- 0 (Normal Priority): These messages trigger sound, vibration, and display an alert according to the user's device settings. On iOS, the message will display at the top of the screen or as a modal dialog, as well as in the notification center. On Android, the message will scroll at the top of the screen and appear in the notification center.
- 1 (High Priority): These messages will always play a sound and vibrate (if the user's device is configured to) regardless of the delivery time. High-priority should only be used when necessary and appropriate.
- 2 (Emergency Priority): Emergency-priority notifications are similar to high-priority notifications, but they are repeated until the notification is acknowledged by the user. These are designed for dispatching and on-call situations where it is critical that a notification be repeatedly shown to the user (or all users of the group that the message was sent to) until it is acknowledged
- Sound – the name of one of the sounds supported by device clients to override the user's default sound choice
- Ability to insert Control4 variables into the message, title, url or url title.
- Ability to change the user key via the programming tab.
- This is useful for switching between group keys and user keys
- Ability to change the application token via the programming tab.
- This is useful for switching between multiple applications
- Ability to change the emergency priority retry interval and expiry time (in seconds) via the programming tab.
- Used for emergency priority intervals / expiries
- Ability to see the last sent message via the properties page in Composer Pro.
- Ability to send Group Notifications to multiple users.
- Feedback (via properties page and variables)
- Maximum Number of Messages per Month
- Messages Remaining per Month
- Message Reset Date / Time